* Our language learning programs are structured in approach and follow second language teaching principles. Because they are also student centered and interactive, most students progress quickly. Most students are reading, writing, and speaking within weeks.
* ILI offers a unique learning experience as both its staff and students come from several different countries. Up to 80% of our students do not speak English as their first language, yet they usually progress quite rapidly, since very simple English is used in teaching Hindi. If they are not yet ready to learn Hindi through English, ILI offers preliminary instruction in English as preparation for the Hindi program. For those who only want to learn English, ILI's developing English program offers several types of courses for people with different goals.
* ILI has had success in teaching Hindi and English to students from many different
nationalities. We have taught Hindi to students who don't know much English. We have even taught English through English to students with limited exposure to the language. This means that our teaching staff has had practice with many different types of students as well and increases our chances of success with you!
* Our students are taught standard vocabulary that they can immediately apply in their daily
* Students normally enroll one semester at a time. Student visas are available for serious on- going students who want a longer study option.
* Life in north India requires a lot of adjustment because the culture and way of life are often very different from students’ home countries. The ILI staff has a lot of experience in these matters, so we are able to help new students adapt to life and feel at home here quickly. To help students adjust, ILI provides a full range of services to students, such as providing student I.D.’s so that students can have an immediate local identity and can get discounts in shops and restaurants. We also assist students in the search for housing and provide maintenance services once they have found housing. ILI also has a strong commitment to families. We provide childcare for small children while parents are studying and assist with older children’s admission into local schools.
* We have a good relationship with local communities and with the Allahabad Foreigner’s Registration Office (F.R.O.).
* Indian culture and thought are taught alongside the Hindi language so that students are better able to understand the country and people surrounding them.
* The school is known for its personal interest in and service to its students, as well as its warm family atmosphere.